Thursday, February 1, 2018

Heim BBQ


A worthy addition to the Fort Worth barbecue scene. Located in the trendy and redeveloping Magnolia Street district in south Fort Worth, Heim (not “Heim’s”) is located in their new home. The atmosphere is clean and pleasant, without looking cartoonish.

Although my “rule” is “never buy the sides, you’re here for the meat” (especially on a first visit), I did snag a few bites of my companions macaroni and cheese - and I must admit, it is superior!
Peppery, with big ol’ macaroni cooked “al dente.” The cheese isn’t liquid-y at all. Rather, it seems to have pretty much soaked into the macaroni. Definitely worth it!

But we’re here for the meat, remember? I ordered “dry” sliced brisket (trying to watch my figure - ha!) was fall-apart tender, but it seemed “moist” enough that I wondered if I’d gotten the fattier selection by mistake.

No mistake, however, was my enjoyment of this half pound of fall-apart tender, tasty beef. I’ll definitely be back to try more in the future.

Warning: don’t dawdle - like many of the “craft barbecue” places they only make a certain amount a day. When they run out, they’re out!