Monday, May 28, 2018

LongHorn Steakhouse


LongHorn Steakhouse
3421 N. Central Expy., Plano
Part of an expanding chain of restaurants, this is the first location in the DFW area. I’d eaten at a couple of these in other states, and was happy to see them moving into my area!


The menu is varied, with a notable focus on beef and steaks. However, I have to say that my “go to” item is their spectacularly satisfying Parmesan Crusted Chicken, which I get about every other time I visit! Consisting of a generous helping of grilled chicken breast encased in a tasty parmesan, provolone and garlic cheese crust. For the side I chose hand-breaded fried okra.


The last time, however, I wanted something just a bit lighter, and so had their Shaved Prime Rib Sandwich accompanied by a bowl of French Onion Soup. My companion had an expertly cooked small lunch steak and baked potato. Traditional, and oh so tempting!
I’ve also had their queso, and let me tell you - it’s plate-licking good!




The decor is very nice (sort of an upscale “western/Texana” theme) and the service is always impeccable!
I’m hoping LongHorn Steakhouse continues to expand in the DFW area, and I’m sure once you give them a try you’ll feel the same way!